The Service is operated by Faceifi Limited a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08360333 with its registered office at Spaceworks, Benton Park Road, Newcastle, England, NE7 7LX. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z352401X. Please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will collect information from you:
• If you register to use our Service; this will include your name and email address. We may ask you to provide additional information about you and your user preferences on a voluntary basis;
• If you create a Facial Profile; this will include the images of your face which you supply to us. The facial recognition technology we use will also analyse those images and collect data and information to create your Facial Profile;
• If you use the service to Search for other Users; we keep records of the Searches which have been carried out by Users of the Services as well as the results which were returned;
• If you interact with other users on the Website (for example by asking them to join a Group or sending them a message) we will keep a copy of your communications with the other Users;
• If you complete online forms, take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards or blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our Service or which we offer to you from time to time;
• If you contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post;
• If you provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing the Service;
• Indirectly, through one of our people or a third party; by means of ’cookies’ when you use our site; and in the form of ’traffic data’.
Please note that if you register to use our Service by using your Twitter or Facebook Account, we will use the information received from you, including the data received from your Twitter or Facebook account, to provide access to our Service.
• We will use your information to enable you to access and use the Service. In particular, we will use the information you provide to create a Facial Profile for you. We will also use your information to enable others to Search for your Facial Profile using images in their possession.
• We may contact you for feedback on your use of our Service or use your information for marketing purposes as described in section 6 below.
• We may also analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our website and what we can offer.
• We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• We will disclose the information contained in your Facial Profile with other Users who carry out Searches, using images in their possession (i.e. where the facial recognition technology we use identifies you as a possible match for the Search);
• We will share certain information which is required to create your Facial Profile with the technology partner we use from time (our "Technology Partner") who supplies the facial recognition technology used in the Service. Our current Technology Partner is Sky Biometry. We may add to or switch our chosen Technology Partner at any time and should any change to our Technology Partners occur, you will be informed of this via email. Please note that our Technology Partner will be solely responsible for the purposes for which and the manner in which they process this information. For details of Our Technology Partner's privacy policies and practices visit their website;
• Suppliers who process information on our behalf, such as our IT service providers or professional advisors. They will have incidental access to your information but will be obliged to act only on our instructions and to keep your information secure;
• Business partners, successors and group companies from time to time so they can provide you with any information, products or services that you have shown an interest in. We may also share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes as described in section 6 below
• Where we are required or permitted to do so by law. This means we may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so in compliance of data protection laws.
• We may pass collective information about the use of our website to other third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you, although it may distinguish you from other users.
It's important that we can offer things which are of interest to you. For this reason, we may use your information to contact you with details about our own or third party products and services which we feel may be of interest to you but only if you have told us that you are happy for us to do so. If you have agreed to us contacting you for marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time [by updating your Account] by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Service and website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites,
please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our Service or website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies help us provide you with a personalised service, and also to help make our website run efficiently. Our Service and website uses the following different types of cookies:
We use the following cookies
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Service.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Service and website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Service and website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Service or website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Service and website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Service and website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Authentication||PHPSESSID||Stores your login details||Expires after 7 days|
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
This cookie enables us to:
• Recognise you when you return to our site.
Cookies may be "session" or "persistent". Session cookies are temporary cookies which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service. We use session cookies on our Service and website to identify and track users. Our session cookies may also contain your account number, user name and email address. Persistent Cookies enable our Service /website to "remember" who you are and to remember your particular preferences on our Service/ website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your internet session. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 7 Days.
Web analytics cookies and similar technologies
Our Service/ websites use several web analytics cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they use and move around the website. This helps us to improve our website.
How to disable cookies
You may choose to configure your browser to restrict or block all cookies. If you do choose to disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, please see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not on its own identify any individual.
Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal details. It's important that any information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, you can always contact us. You have a legal right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee of £10 (VAT exempt).
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
You must keep your username and password secure. We will not share your password with anyone. For more information about your responsibilities, please see our Terms and Conditions page.
For further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner's site at ico.gov.uk.
Last updated 20-06-2013